Payments to Individuals for Services

Employee Payments

Other than wages, which are requested on a Personnel Action Form (PAF), payments for additional services may be made on the Faculty/Staff Additional Pay for Services form.


Non-Employee Payments

Payments to a non-ND employee for services should be requested using the Non-Employee Payment for Services form. For reporting purposes and withholding requirements, it is important to indicate the status of the individual as follows:

  • U.S. Citizen
  • Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
  • Resident Alien (International Visitor passing the Substantial Presence Test)
  • Non-Resident Alien (International Visitor not passing the Substantial Presence Test)

Please be sure to complete and submit page 2 of the form (separate tab in Excel form). Page 2 helps us to document why the payee is being treated as an Independent Contractor versus an Employee as defined in the Internal Revenue Code.

Social Security Number Handling on Non-Employee Payment for Services Form (NEPS)

This is a reference guide for University of Notre Dame staff and faculty members regarding proper use of Social Security Numbers (SSN) on Non-Employee Payment for Services (NEPS) form.   SSN Handling on NEPS form Reference Guide  (PDF).