Payment Requests FAQs
Check Requisitions and NEPS forms available on financial toolkit
The Controller’s Office has made the current paper Check Req and NEPS forms available on the financial toolkit, joining cash deposits, LDC, JVs, etc.
What is the Financial Toolkit?
The Financial Toolkit was created as an easy to reach location for many financial form needs – JVs, LDCs, cash deposits, etc. – replacing the former paper forms associated with each transaction. Check Reqs and NEPS forms are the latest forms to be added to the existing Financial Toolkit.
When will this technology be implemented?
On November 14, 2017, the toolkit became available for all campus payment requests previously submitted on paper check requisitions and NEPS forms.
What are the advantages of using the toolkit?
1) Payment Form Decision Assistance – ever confused as to what form to submit? By answering a few questions within the toolkit, you’ll be directed to the correct form.
2) Workflow visibility - the current process of completing a paper form, sending it to an approver, and losing knowledge of its whereabouts until the request is processed, is tedious and inefficient. And it creates many follow up requests. The toolkit will give status availability to the payment request submitter and approver(s)
3) Record Retention - the toolkit provides an electronic history of past requests for the submitter and approver which can be copied and cloned for similar future payments
Who can use the toolkit?
Any ND faculty, staff, or student with an active, valid netID will be able to use the toolkit. Check requisitions and NEPS forms will require approval by a faculty or staff member of the University.
Can I still submit the old paper forms?
For a while, but why would you want to? They will be phased out entirely in early 2018.
Who can approve payments requests in the toolkit?
You will choose your own approver(s). At least one of the approvers must be an active faculty or staff member for the system to allow submission to A/P. At least one of the approvers must be an authorized approver – your supervisor, a budget unit administrator with authorization over the chosen FOAPAL(s), or an appropriate business manager, department chair, Dean, VP, etc. You may set a default approver; see Quick Reference Guides for more information.
What is required with a check req or NEPS form submission?
Almost all request forms will require an attachment (e.g., invoice) adequately supporting the payment request to the payee along with a business purpose, an appropriate approver, and a valid FOAPAL for the system to allow movement to the next process step. The system will prompt you for what's needed.
What other advantages are there to using the forms in the toolkit?
- Ability to search existing vendor data base for individual payees.
- Capability of notifying non approvers
- Visibility of attachments in GLEZ
- Ability to see any edits made by Approvers or Accounts Payable
Can I use these forms for wires or electronic payments or foreign currency?
Yes, just like the current paper version of the form, it functions as a payment request form serving all payment types. It has more commonly been called a “check req” form, but can be used to request wires, ACHs or foreign currency.
Some requests will require additional information, such as wire transfer instructions, which the user will be prompted to include when appropriate.