University employees have the ability to view pay stubs on line through insideND. You will need to log in with your Notre Dame NetID and password.
To access on-line pay stubs, log into insideND, click the My Resources tab, My Quick Apps channel under Payroll Resources click Pay Check .
For instructions on how to view and print your Pay Stub on-line:
Don't know your NetID and password?
In order to view the information at http://inside.nd.edu , you need your University NetID and password. If you do not know your Notre Dame NetID and password, please visit the OIT help desk in Room 128 DeBartolo Hall or contact them at 631-8111. (When visiting the OIT Help Desk, a photo ID will be required to access your NetID information.
Payroll questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-7575
All new employees are required to be on direct deposit in accordance with University policy.
The University has a successful direct deposit program which has been available now for several years. Direct deposit is the quickest, most reliable, and safest method of payment. Over 99% of all University employees now receive their pay via direct deposit! The benefits of direct deposit include:
- Convenience No special trip to the bank to deposit your check.
- Reliability Automatically deposited to your bank's checking account at any US financial institution.
- Security No reason to worry about lost, stolen or misplaced checks.
- Flexibility If you change banks or bank accounts, simply notify the Payroll Office of the new bank and account number, using one of the Direct Deposit Authorization forms noted below.
- Lower fees Most banks offer free or reduced fees for services when you have your pay direct deposited with them.
Those who wish to take advantage of the security and reliability that the direct deposit program offers can contact the Payroll Office at (574) 631-7575.
New Payment System Rules for Electronic Payments
The US Treasury has changed payment system rules for electronic payments. If you receive a payment at a US bank and forward the entire amount to a bank in a foreign country, you must advise Payment Services at 574-631-7575. Failure to do so may result in delay or rejection by the payment system.