GLez requires connecting to the VPN client when off campus.
Launching Cisco AnyConnect
After installing Cisco AnyConnect, you can connect to the VPN by launching the program and entering the server address.
Mac: Open the program by going to Finder, Applications, Cisco, Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client.
Windows: Open the program by going to Start, Cisco, Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client.
- If you are faculty or staff use the address - vpnaccess.nd.edu
- If you are a student use the address - vpnaccess.nd.edu/go
Then select Connect and respond to the login prompts that appear.
Many services require a VPN connection when being accessed from remote or less-secure network connections; while not an exhaustive list, the table at the end of this article lists the most common services that require a VPN connection. The following considerations may help:
- Many web sites are configured to redirect you to a page of instructions, such as http://oithelp.nd.edu/networking/campus-connection-required/.
- Depending on the specific license agreement, you may not be able to access some software titles for download to your computer unless you are on a secure ND network connection. A few titles are available when connected to a VPN. Carefully review the details for the specific software you are interested in to determine which applies.
- When accessing administrative data, if you only have access to your own information (e.g. grades, payroll, etc.) usually a VPN connection is not required. If your responsibilities provide you access to view or submit data for others, often a VPN connection will be required.
For instructions on connecting to the VPN, visit Connecting to the VPN - Cisco AnyConnect.